VETERINARY DIET URINARY S / O ROYAL CANIN WET FOOD FOR CATS
Diseases of the urinary tract such as inflammation of the bladder or urinary tract are very common problems in cats. In these cases it is necessary to switch to a specific diet, which promotes the health of the apparatus. Diseases of the vas deferens in cats lead to the formation of bladder stones, struvite or calcium oxalate.
Royal Canin Urinary S / O Chicken wet food is an adjuvant in the treatment of bladder inflammation and urinary stones and specifically helps in the dissolution of struvite stones. This food is also useful as a prophylaxis against all pathologies of the urinary tract. The formulation promotes the increase in urine volume and therefore promotes its dilution. Even a low supersaturation value can help and counteract the re-formation of bladder stones.
- Idiopathic cystitis
- Prophylaxis of calcium oxalate stones
- Prophylaxis of struvite stones
- Struvite stones
- Pregnant or lactating females – kittens
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Heart failure
- Treatment with urine acidifying drugs
- High pressure
Specific characteristics of the product
- Struvite dissolution: the composition of URINARY S / O helps to effectively dissolve struvite uroliths.
- Increase in the volume of urine: the composition of this food contributes to increase the volume of urine. The urinary tract is therefore cleaner. This prevents the formation of bladder stones, struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
- Low urine undersaturation value: an undersaturated urine environment counteracts the spontaneous formation of struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
- Urine bilution: increasing the volume of urine counteracts the formation of struvite stones and calcium oxalate stones.
Duration of treatment
For the dissolution of struvite stones / crystals 5 – 12 weeks, until completely dissolved. To avoid relapses, the diet must be continued for at least 6 months.
Administer only URINARY S / O foods, otherwise the effectiveness of the product could be considerably limited.